- 2Tblsp – Sunflower/Vegetable Oil
- 500gms (1lb) – Onions Chopped
- 500gms (1lb) – Chicken cut into pieces
- 100gms (0.2lb) – Tomatoes chopped.
- 2Tblsp – Ginger-garlic Paste
- 2tsp – Salt
- 1tsp- Turmeric Powder
- 3 tsp-Red Chilli Powder
- 2tsp – Coriander Powder
- 1tsp – Garam masala Powder(Optional)
- 2 Cups Water
- Heat oil in a stock pot or a deep bottomed pan.
- Add onions. Fry for at least 30 to minutes, till they turn brown and start becoming thick.
- Add Tomatoes and close the lid. Let it cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste. Stir well and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cook till tomatoes turn soft and mushy and the gravy starts becoming thicker.
- Once oil starts seeping out to the top, add chicken pieces. Add 2 cups water, mix once and cover the pan/pot.
- Cook closed on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Once water starts boiling, remove lid and cook till chicken is tender. Taste and adjust salt and Red chilli powder if required.
- Cook till all water evaporates and oil seeps out on top.
- Serve hot with Rice, Roti or Biryani.